Summer is the time for fresh fruit, clotted cream teas and pimms! So what better than both mixed into one with a clotted cream tea with pimms infused summer fruits.
Prepare to impress others with this zesty, clotted cream teas, that will take Pimm’s O’Clock to the next level!
For the Scones:
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Put the flour and baking powder in a large bowl, add a pinch of salt, then rub in the butter with your fingertips until it forms small chunks
- Stir in the sugar and lemon zest.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, then pour in the milk. Use a knife to bring the dough together.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured work surface and bring together with your hands.
- Stamp out scones with a fluted cutter and put the scones on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 10 mins until risen and the tops are golden.
For the Fruit:
- Mix the Pimm’s and caster sugar in a bowl.
- Stir in the fruit, cover and infuse in the fridge for 1 hr
For the Cream Tea:
- Halve the cooled scones. Top with clotted cream, infused fruit and mint leaf.