Canada definitely got it in the bag with this one, take a step up from gravy and chips with this carefully constructed Poutine recipe with an added crunch!
Originally made in Quebec using french fries and cheese curds, we’ve worked with in season British ingredients to transform this recipe so that it’s ready to grace the grill!
Cheese curds are scarcely found in shops around the UK so we’ve opted for grated mozzarella which is the next best thing and is great for melting! The wedges in place of french fries are much easier to grill on the BBQ, and crisp up nicely with a bit of added rapeseed oil and last but no least the crisps make for the perfect crunch for those who appreciate adding a bit of texture to their food. A hearty dish to keep you up and active all day!
- Heat grill to a medium-high heat.
- Prick potatoes with a fork and microwave for 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato into 8 wedges or smaller if you’d prefer.
- Drizzle potato wedges with oil and place on grill, turning occasionally, for 6 minutes or until golden.
- Top potato with cheese and chicken and wrap in toil foil, making sure to keep the top open.
- Heat on grill with lid down for 5-10 minutes or until mozzarella melts and chicken is warmed through.
- Pour gravy over top;
- Crush crisps and sprinkle over the top to get a good crunch.
- Top with parsley and serve.