If you’re stuck for new and exciting BBQ ideas this is perfect for you. Why stop at sausages when you can stuff with cheese and wrap with bacon…double whammy! With the saltiness of the bacon, meatiness f the sausage and gooey goodness of the cheese, as you bite into these Cheese Bacon Wrapped Sausages you’ll be in food heaven, we promise! No need to be too fancy, the fun is in the flavour.
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- Chop the cheese into 12 thin slices approximately an inch thick
- Take sausage and cut a 3-4 cm slit in middle of sausage, wedge in 2 slices of cheese
- Take one long strip of bacon and wrap it around the sausage. (Hold the bacon in place with toothpicks whilst cooking if necessary)
- Place the sausages on the grill and allow them to cook until the bacon crisps up. They take about 4 to 5 on both sides. Cook to your desired preference.
- Remove from grill.
- Place on bun (you can toast them if you like) and add toppings of your choice.