How about a supremely satisfying summer salad that’s a complete meal in its own right? Served alongside your favourite BBQ pork recipes or simply on its own, it’s the kind of flavour explosion those gorgeous al-fresco evenings are all about! Packed with vegetables and healthy protein, our British Summer Salad serves up further proof that healthy BBQ recipes don’t have to be dull. And as always, there’s more than enough freedom for experimentation with your own favourite ingredients to keep you busy for the whole season!
- Hard-boil the eggs and then quickly cool using cold water, to prevent black rings around the yolks. Shell the eggs and cut into halves.
- Cook the baby potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add green beans to the same water and cook for around three minutes, before draining the pan and running the vegetables under cold water.
- Once fully cooled, transfer the potatoes and green beans to a serving plate and spread out evenly. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and arrange them over the vegetables.
- Place the halved eggs on top, followed by a sprinkling of slice radishes and a punnet of salad cress.
- In a small jug, mix the cider vinegar, honey and mustard thoroughly with a whisk or fork.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.