Further proof that healthy BBQ recipes never need to be boring! Decadent and delicious, Portobello mushrooms can be used as the basis for so many incredible quick and easy BBQ recipes. And the best part is they’re so satisfying that even carnivores won’t be disappointed when you serve up these gorgeous grilled goodies! Best of all, they can be prepared in advance and just thrown on the barbecue when you’re ready for total convenience!
- Chop the spinach and basil leaves roughly and transfer to a bowl. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and add them to the mixed leaves.
- Take a generous dollop of cream cheese and add to the bowl, before giving everything a good mix.
- Place a large spoonful on the mixture into each of the Portobello mushrooms, pressing down lightly to fill out any empty space.
- Sprinkle grated/chopped cheddar cheese onto the cream cheese mixture, followed by a pinch of fresh-ground black pepper and a drizzle of rapeseed oil.
- Place the mushrooms on a medium-hot barbecue until fully-cooked and the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with a crisp side salad, grilled asparagus or even as a base for a gorgeous vegetarian burger!