Proof that healthy BBQ food can also be just about the most delicious summer BBQ food imaginable! One of our favourite family BBQ recipes that’s great as a snack to share, a gorgeous side for just about anything or even a satisfying meal in its own right! Easy to make, feel free to experiment with as many weird and wonderful toppings as you like. Best of all, they’re just as delicious eaten cold the next day – perfect summer BBQ food with absolutely no waste!
- Add all of the flatbread ingredients to a large bowl in the order listed above. Give everything a good stir until mostly combined.
- Take the dough and give it a good knead by hand on a floured surface for around 10 minutes. It should be firm and stretchy when you’re done.
- Place the dough into a large bowl, cover loosely and position somewhere warm for around one hour. During this time, the dough will approximately double in size.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to the desired size and thickness. Aim for flatbreads around the same length as your asparagus spears and as thin or thick as you like.
- Grill the asparagus spears for around two minutes on each side, being sure to snap-off the tough, woody ends first. The flatbreads can be grilled at the same time, or prior to grilling the asparagus if preferred.
- Drizzle the warm flatbreads with rapeseed oil before laying the asparagus spears on top. Crumble feta cheese over the asparagus, followed by a sprinkling of roasted pine nuts.
- Transfer to a large serving plate and serve alongside your favourite family BBQ recipes, or as a simple, delicious meal on its own.