This is a gorgeous healthy barbecue recipe for anyone looking to keep carbs and fat to a minimum, without compromising on taste! The basic recipe for courgetti can be used as a base for thousands of healthy BBQ recipes – letting your imagination run wild is half the fun! Even if the weather’s not quite on your side, it’s just as good made with marinated chicken breasts cooked in the oven indoors!
- Use a spiraliser to create the veggie noodles, before blanching in boiling water for 60 seconds.
- Lightly brush chicken breasts with olive oil, season to taste then grill on a hot barbecue until fully cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, add a spoonful of pesto to the vegetable noodles and give it all a good stir.
- Spread the noodles out onto a plate, before adding a sprinkling of chickpeas and a handful of sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Remove the chicken from the grill, slice and place on top of the rest of the ingredients, with a spring of basil to garnish.