This fragrant and fresh chimichurri & churrasco sauce from Theo Michaels is rounded off with a bit of spice and some sharpness from lemon juice or vinegar. Tap into the flavours of Portugal, Argentine and Spain and take to the BBQ for optimum results!
- Mix all the chimichurri ingredients together and taste for balance of flavours and ensure the chimichurri is a little loose.
- Cut the steak and then marinade the steak in about a third of the chimichurri mixture (ideally for a few hours in the fridge – but no worries if not).
- Place the meat onto skewers leaving some space between each piece of meat.
- Cook the meat over the hottest part of the charcoal for about 8 minutes (but test for your desired done-ness). The steaks should sear and char quickly on the outside.
Nb. If you are cooking these on a regular grill and turning by hand you can halve the cooking time (about 1 minute each side, totalling 4-5 minutes) for rare/medium rare. If on a motorised rotisserie then 6-8 minutes is about right. But check for your preference.
- Remove and rest for a few minutes before serving and placing a drizzle of chimichurri sauce over the top.