The perfect BBQ party food that takes just minutes to make, but is guaranteed to be gobbled up in seconds! If you ask us, the best BBQ ideas are always those that make it look like you’ve spent hours slaving away in the kitchen. Even if in reality, you’ve thrown them together in a few simple steps with just a handful of ingredients! These steak pin wheels with cheese are brilliant for any BBQ party and a guaranteed hit with adults and kids alike! There’s also a fair bit of scope for experimentation, so feel free to let those creative juices flow!
- Take a good-sized piece of flank steak, place it on a firm surface and cover it with a layer of cling film. Then use a rolling pin to gradually reduce the thickness of the steak to no thicker than around 1cm.
- Smear a generous coating of your favourite cream cheese all over the top of the steak. Cream cheese with herbs, garlic or a touch of chili can also work well.
- Throw on a small handful of roughly-torn spinach leaves, followed by a scattering of sundried tomatoes. Add a little salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste.
- Roll the whole thing up from one end to the other to create a tightly-packed roll.
- Take long wooden skewers and push them through the roll at even intervals of around 4cm to 5cm to mark out each portion. Use a very sharp knife to cut between the skewers, leaving you with multiple pin wheels held together with the sticks.
- Grill on a hot barbecue for around five minutes on each side, or until cooked to your personal preferences.
- Serve as delicious beef lollipop nibbles, or as part of a main dish with the sides of your choosing.